Specialist Track Expression of Interest
Published March 17, 2021
Expressions of Interest due March 31, 2021!
PyCon AU has historically hosted "Specialist Tracks", dedicated spaces for specialist content, curated and led by members of the community.
We're opening our call for Specialist Track organisers for PyConline AU this year. As part of that opportunity, we're asking each Track and its organisers to:
- nominate at least two organisers,
- assist in promotion and marketing for their track, including sharing the call for proposals with their community, helping create and curate their track's page on the website, promoting ticket sales, etc.,
- participation in the conference organisers' Discord (used for async communications in the months leading to the event),
- participate in the proposal review process for submissions for their track,
- act as session chairs during their track on Friday September 10,
- ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct in your track,
- work closely with the core team so we can make sure that all of the bits and pieces necessary to make your plans reality get put in place. (Sadly, this sometimes means we have to say “no”, but hopefully not too often!)
Specialist Tracks form part of the overall conference Call for Proposals (CFP), and as such, Specialist Tracks will be selected ASAP prior to announcing our CFP dates.
Please submit your track proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2021 and please include the following information:
- Track name
- Name and contact details for your organisers
- Brief summary of your track's intended content
- Any ideas you have about track content that would be outside a series of ~25min talks.